Mobile Heating & Ventilation Engineer Leeds, Manchester & Sheffield
Full Job Description
Salary Starting from £32,000 per year
Vassell’s Commercial & Domestic Engineers Ltd is a family run business, we have been established for several years.
Our business is very important to us so when selecting candidates to work for our company, we aim to recruit candidates that take their work personally but act in a professional manner.
We are recruiting for Mobile Heating & Ventilation Engineer to join our family run business. The right candidate will need to offer onsite customer support to their range of equipment, with a primary focus on keeping the equipment in peak operating condition through scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections.
For the right candidate this role offers growth, an improved skill set and stability with the support of a small and approachable team. Flexibility is required as the job is based in and around North of England, but you will be required to travel around UK at times.
The role is varied and will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Fit heating equipment and pipework
- Install ductwork and ventilation systems
- Fit central heating systems
- Design and install control panels that operate and adjust heating
- Installing Heating & Ventilation systems, planning the placement of pipework, ducts and control panels
- Performing quality checks to ensure systems are working efficiently and safely
- Complete all Building Services daily/weekly/monthly checklists and Plan Preventative Maintenance
- Fault Finding
- Proactively flag any health and safety concerns to the General Manager and Operations Manager
- Private Health Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Company vehicle and tools
- Fuel card
- Company mobile phone
- Company credit card
- 28 days holiday, after 3 years of service increasing to up to 10 additional days.
- Health Club Membership
- Health & Safety Training
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Field Experience of minimum 3 years
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn new skills
- An eye for detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent people and time management skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team and on your own
- Average computer skills
- Must hold a full UK driving license for minimum 2 years and a maximum of 3 points.
- GCSE in Math and English
- Hold relevant Heating & Ventilation qualification, City & Guilds or equivalent.
- Mechanical qualification (preferable)
- Electrical Qualification 17th or 18th Edition (preferable)
Working hours are Monday – Friday from 8.30am – 5.30pm, on call rota and with overtime opportunities. Please note that salary is subject to experience, annual salary starting from £32,000, travel pay and overtime.
If you are successful, we will undertake standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes employment referencing, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence, etc.