Air Conditioning Engineer
Full Job Description
Vassell’s Commercial & Domestic Engineers Ltd is a family run business, we have been established for several years.
Our business is very important to us so when selecting candidates to work for our company, we aim to recruit candidates that take their work personally but act in a professional manner.
We are recruiting for Mobile Air Conditioning Engineer to join our family run business. The right candidate will need to offer onsite customer support to their range of equipment, with a primary focus on keeping the equipment in peak operating condition through scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections.
For the right candidate this role offers growth, an improved skill set and stability with the support of a small and approachable team. Flexibility is required as the job is mostly based in and around Leeds, but you will be required to travel between Newcastle and London.
The role is varied and will include (but not limited to) the following:
- carrying out tests on systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance
- Making sure that all building services meet health and safety requirements, F-Gas regulations
- Service & repairs on AC, AHU, HRU, FCU systems
- Liaising with plumbers, electricians, surveyors, architectural technologists and other construction professionals
- Writing reports highlighting system defects and recommendations
- Complete all Building Services daily/weekly/monthly checklists and Plan Preventative Maintenance
- Manage and complete all reactive calls within a realistic and reasonable time frame
- Understand COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations and guidelines
- Maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all other staff and clients
- Ensure checking and inspection processes are completed as required and deviations are promptly action.
- Proactively flag any health and safety concerns to the General Manager and Operations Manager
- Understanding of VRV/VRF systems
- Ability to install a new air conditioning system, split and VRF/VRV
- Other tasks as directed
- Private Health Insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Company vehicle and tools
- Fuel card
- Company mobile phone and tablet
- Company credit card
- 28 days holiday
- Company uniform
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Mechanical experience – preferable
- 17th or 18th Edition Electrical qualification (preferable)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- An eye for detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent people and time management skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team and on your own
- Average computer skills
- Must hold a full UK driving license for minimum 2 years and a maximum of 3 points.
- GCSE in Math and English
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning City & Guilds Certificate
- Mechanical qualification (preferable)
- Electrical Qualification 17th or 18th Edition
Working hours are Monday-Friday from 8.30am – 5.30pm, on call rota and with overtime opportunities. Please note that salary is subject to experience, annual salary between £29,000 – £38,000, door-to-door travel pay and overtime.