Air Conditioning Engineer
Full Job Description
Vassell’s are a family run business, we have been established for several years. The service that we provide to our clients covers mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, air condition and natural gas, our client base is domestic and predominantly commercial. Our business is very important to us so when selecting candidates to work for our company, we aim to recruit candidates that take their work personally but act in a professional manner.
We are recruiting for Air Conditioning Engineer to join our family run business. The right candidate will need to offer onsite customer support to their range of equipment, with a primary focus on keeping the equipment in peak operating condition through scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections. Wages will be in line with national wage however, if the right candidate is successful wages will be negotiable.
For the right candidate this role offers growth, an improved skill set and stability with the support of a small and approachable team. Flexibility is required as the job is mostly based in and around Manchester Area, but you will be required to travel between Newcastle and London.
- Carrying out tests on systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance
- Making sure that all building services meet health and safety requirements, F-Gas regulations
- Liaising with plumbers, electricians, surveyors, architectural technologists and other construction professionals
- Writing reports highlighting system defects and recommendations
- promoting energy efficiency and other sustainability initiatives
- Complete all Building Services daily/weekly/monthly checklists and Plan Preventative Maintenance
- Manage and complete all reactive calls within a realistic and reasonable timeframe
- Understand COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations and guidelines
- Maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all other staff and clients
- Ensure checking and inspection processes are completed as required and deviations are promptly actioned.
- Proactively flag any health and safety concerns to the General Manager and Operations Manager
- Understanding of VRV/VRF systems
- Ability to install a new air conditioning system
NO AGENCIES NEED APPLY OR CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION
- 31st of March.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 2 Years Experience
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- An eye for detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent people & time management skills
- The ability to work well both as part of a team and on your own
- Average computer skills
- Must hold a full UK driving license for minimum 2 years and a maximum of 3 points.
- Mobile Phone
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card
- Full-time, Permanent
- Mon-Fri from 8.30am – 5.30pm
- On call rota and with overtime opportunities
- £25,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
- GCSE in Math and English
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning City & Guilds Certificate